Our curriculum is founded in an enquiry based approach based around key concepts that are revisited across the year groups.
We believe that choosing the right context to engage our children in their learning is vital in fostering a love of learning and also maintaining our high standards.
See more around the content on the class pages.
Why take an enquiry based approach to learning?
- It is planned around the distinctive needs the children.
- It promotes curiosity.
- It has a clear outcome, designed to raise standards.
- It gives a real context for the application of basic skills.
- It allows writing to be meaningfully embedded.
- It is interesting for the teacher as well as the children.
- It integrates empowering learning (learn to learn).
- It is underpinned by leading research about quality learning and brain-based learning.